Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- canola or vegetable oil
1. Wash and cut the potatoes. Grate with peels. Grate onion into grated potatoes.
2. Add all ingredients except oil.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high in skillet.
4. Using a slotted spoon, scoop about 1/2 cup of potato mixture onto spoon.
5. Drop potato mixture into hot oil in frying pan.
6. Flip over when bottom is browned, smashing a little to flatten.
7. Fry until brown.
8. Drain on paper towels in a single layer.
9. Repeat until all of the latkes are done.
Note: Latkes can be frozen and placed in a freezer bag or can be refrigerated for 24 hours. Reheat @ 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Heat frozen latkes @ 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.